Director of Dining Services
- Full Time
Jersey Ridge Place
5605 Jersey Ridge Rd
Davenport, IA, US
- More Information
Qualifications: Working knowledge of rules and regulations related to health and safety in restaurant licensing and food preparation. Demonstrates ability in food service management. Prefer experience in dealing with assisted living, dementia, and the elderly and their dietary needs. Two years minimum experience in a similar position preferred and /or Certified Dietary Manager or the equivalent of education and experience. Previous direct staff supervisory experience required along with effective delegation skills. Ability to hire, train, supervise, and work well with others. Must be well organized and have effective communication skills. Must possess consistent initiative, good judgment, and leadership ability.
Job Purpose: To produce menus and home-cooked meals to serve residents and employees. To maintain all kitchen areas and food service staff.
Performs supervisory tasks: Interview employees, orient new employees, guide and supervise staff in food preparation and serving tasks, produce and manage monthly employee work schedule. Develop, plan, and conduct training in food service areas as requested. Works with little or no supervision.
- Follow menus. Consult with the dietician as needed for special diets. Maintain diet orders and preferences for the residents.
- Skillfully prepare home-cooked, attractive meals to be served within the appropriate time frame. Coordinate the serving and clean-up of meals.
- Comply with all state licensing and sanitation requirements. Maintain food service records in accordance with state requirements.
- Prepare order for food, supply, and services in a timely manner and within budgetary guidelines.
- Assure that kitchen equipment is used in a safe manner and remains in working order.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Assist with special projects and events.
Employee benefits include:
- Higher starting wage
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Support from a Chef consultant and your management team
- Career growth opportunities
Physical, Mental, and Environmental Requirements: This position requires standing, walking, sitting, stooping, bending, and moderate lifting and carrying activities throughout the day. Must have good vision, good hearing, and verbal communication skills to communicate with residents, family members, employees, and professionals. Must have good judgment and problem-solving skills. Must be able to deal effectively with stressful situations and handle confidential matters. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Questions may be directed to Hbehning@jerseyridgeplace.com or by calling 563-355-2027